Monday, July 13, 2009

Catch-up

Man...life got massively in the way of me updating this blog. Since the last post the following things have taken place:

1) Practice on a very rainy weekend prior to the Boston Invite.
2) The Boston Invite - Pike did alright...left too many opportunities on the field with our chance to make the elite bracket. We made roster decisions after this tournament. It was an incredibly difficult process but we're just about set at this point.
3) Numerous mini workouts with the Finks and on my own.
4) Played at Potlatch with Shelixim/Elixerbac (connected with the team through Huck Finn players from Paganello. Team included Germans, New Zealanders, and West Coasters). Very fun tournament overall. Maybe would have like to play a little more competitively but playing 3 days of ultimate is still 3 days of ultimate even if you're doing a lot of drinking in the process.
5) Spent an UNGODLY amount of time working as work basically decided to hit me square in the face over the past three weeks. I had to miss my first SL game due to work and was basically sleeping 5-6 hours a night and working the other 18-19 hours in the day when I wasn't eating. Thankfully this mess should be over with.
6) Oh yeah...summer league. My team has motivation issues. We don't try hard enough and get in close games that shouldn't be close. And then we lose. It makes no sense to me. We're either going to be the most dangerous 5/6 seed ever or we're headed for the D pool. It's anyone's guess.

That being said all this running around and the excessive ultimate has got my weight down in the 208 range. With two tournaments left this month (Sandblast and Wildwood) I'm expecting another 2-3 lbs if not more plus continuing to feel more and more comfortable playing elite level ultimate. My Sandblast team looks really good. Good women, two of the Titcombs (5 ultimate guys) and other strong players. I'm pretty excited.

Another post will follow later tonight with info on my awesome weekend in Maine hopefully complete with pictures. Hopefully I won't have any more prolonged hiatuses from this point forward.

#31
(208)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yo... it's summer league. *I* have motivation issues with summer league, and I even have specific things to work on. Not just out there to run around mindlessly. So I can imagine it's difficult for most people to focus.

Good luck getting out of the woods, workwise! Working grad school hours when not in school... sucks. Not what you signed up for, eh?

Tim said...

Just was a really bad chunk of time at work. It started with being on the phone Saturday morning of Boston with people from work and didn't really calm down until mid last week.

Now we just move forward and bring the focus back to ultimate for the next 5 months.

Smellis said...

5 more months of ultimate?!?! are we bringing a team to a Xmas tournament?

Tim said...

Eh....4. GFY Ellis. There is still Mosh and Barfight in November though.