Monday, April 6, 2009

Week of 3/30

Been a little while away from the blog. Had a very busy work week and am taking it slightly easy before Paganello so I didn't have a whole lot going on.

3/30 - Spring League game - I like my team. I'm excited to be playing with former Pikes Blo and JT. We kept our game against a Heckman/Snader/Felt squad pretty close however we didn't have the firepower and had some miscues due to learning to play with each other that caused us to lose by about 2-3...I think.

4/2 - Yoga - Further had stressed to me just how tight my hips are. I actually had the instructor turn around and ask me if I was ok because I looked like I was in some significant discomfort. Basically I've got something to focus on stretching wise for the next few weeks/months. The class was a good, high intensity stretching workout. Felt really good afterwards.

4/4-4/5 - Fools Fest.

I like to think of this as the unofficial opening of the club season. Mostly because its the end of the tournaments where the line between competitive and fun is extremely blurred. And its also the first 3 day tournament that many club players participate in and realize how much work they need to do to get ready for the real season. This year our team went with an outrageous theme as usual and all of us dressed up in ridiculous costumes, none of which will be mentioned, or posted in pictures on this site. What mattered was we had a hell of a lot of fun, I got my first post surgery, post being allowed to not wear a brace, layout D. My throws felt great (although I still need to work on my flick) and I found a new hunger. A hunger that comes from every time I visit the fields in Fredericksburg and I remember all the Regionals that have passed. And I go over and visit field 5 where the epic Pike comeback of 2007 took place and just kind of breathe the place in.

There's magic in those Fredericksburg fields. And they've given me a kick in the ass for the next stage of 2009 between now and Boston. Prepare yourselves Pikes. Its time to raise your games to another level.

Leaving for Paga on Wednesday. Looking to come back with another trophy and another umbrella.

#31
(209)

No comments: