Monday, March 16, 2009

Inertia

As I keep putting a toll on my body it gets harder to push through and keep working out. I find that Mondays are especially difficult which is why I tried to plan something yesterday sending a workout to the team to see who was interested in joining. Tous was up for it but needed to go real early. Ellis contacted me at like 1pm looking to meet up so I thought I was set and would have someone to help me motivate.

Alas, Ellis got caught up in his 3 mile run prior to meeting up with me and was a bit late so I had to mentally push through the wall. Ended up with a pretty good workout.

Workout:
1.3 mile run, the last .7 was of the urban track workout variety (hard for a block, normal pace for a block) finished in 9 minutes.

Then dug into the Pike vaults for an oldey but goody

A. Squat Thrust Workout aka 20/20/20
20 Squat Jumps
20 Squat Thrusts
20 Burpees (did the push up variety)
B. Basic Core Workout:
10 Crunches, holding at the top for 5 seconds in each rep
20 Lying Hip Swings
30 Seconds Straight Plank
30 Seconds Right Side Plank
30 Seconds Left Side Plank

Workout Proper:
Section A
1 minute rest
Section B
2 minutes rest
Repeat 3 times.

Ellis showed up at set three, did one set and then we threw for about 20 minutes.

Finished with a protein shake, 1/3 lbs of salmon with mushrooms and a ton of broccoli with light cheese. And a beer which was the only bad part of my dinner.

(209)

2 comments:

Smellis said...

I'd like to clarify for posterity. It was a 4.5 mile run in 30 mins, a quick grab of a jacket, a ~13min (movin') bike ride, and then 1.5 sets of Tim's workout. Though I'll admit, my 2 sets of squat/thrust/jump were of the non-pushup variety (1st set = 2'6", 2nd set=2'0")

dusty.rhodes said...

heavens. lets not go and have bad beer for no reason. there is plenty of good beer out there to be had.