Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Long week

In a word this week is suck. The compressed week last week coupled with a lot of fairly nutty pressure and tasks at work has made it nearly impossible to get the the gym so far this week. Luckily tonight I had some free time. So after spending 2 hours or so talking Pike at a bar with someone I was feeling pretty frisky so I headed over to the local affiliate of Sweat (which is 3 blocks from my house vs. the one that's 3 blocks from my work). I was fairly scatterbrained from the long week and the workout was scatterbrained as well but still good.

Total Workout:

Jog .25 miles to the gym, jog another .75 miles on the treadmill at 8.5 speed.

Stretch

Get distracted by Eagles/Sixers/something cheerleaders practicing in the studio. Literally there were 30 of them.

3 x 10 dips
6 pull ups (I was reminding myself why it was I can't do these but I did as many as I could without sacrificing my ability to workout over the rest of the week).
2 x 15 Russian Twists
1 x 10 Russian Twist with 10 lbs plate
Wander around gym to scope it out as its my first time there.
Watch cheerleaders
15 med ball pushups
20 minutes biking. Amounts to 6 miles. Avg. speed 19 mph.

Then I came home and made myself some whole wheat pasta to try and get an energy bump for the rest of the week. My diet changes have actually been as helpful if not more helpful than all the working out. Maybe at some point I'll write a post about that. But my diet regimen has actually helped me go from the 219 I was right after Thanksgiving to what I am now with minimal exercise and actually getting really crappy sleep and messing with my body's metabolism.

When you get me talking about Pike like I was this evening you get me all kinds of fired up. I hope you all feel the same way.

(216.5)

3 comments:

Tim said...

Russian Twists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHzVABv8OaU
Actually what I did was an inclined Russian twist where I was laying at a 45 degree angle with my head facing down and I sat up and did 15 twists.

-89 said...

I'd definitely be interested to hear what dietary changes you've made. Aside from 'no beer'. I don't want to hear that.

Tim said...

I don't drink any beer anymore, only whiskey.

Maybe I'll get to the post this weekend.