Monday, February 23, 2009

Kaimana Basics, Winterleague, Back to Building

Kaimana:

3-1 on day one (take that, the pulse!)
1-1 on day two (take that, the japan!)
1-1 on day thr (take that, the count!)

5-3 overall. I played okay. Had some good looks, and good points on D. Minimized dumb turnovers. Did well enough downfield when needed. Didn't get too tired except for in the first game against Stanford where I overheated for a moment. Then I got iced down. Then again, I was wearing a black women's jersey because those Stanford bitches made us change out of pinstripes. It looked like a rashguard.

Lost in Semis to Voltron (perennial quarters/semis), who Trey feels we could have beaten. Sure, I guess. Except that they would have been our first back-to-back good games all weekend. We had the talent physically, but we fell apart mentally.

The rest of my stuff on Kaimana will be over on ultimatejournal as soon as I get the newly coerced hired editorial board to give it a once-over.

I'm 15-13 on the outdoor season in three tourneys with 1 finals loss and 2 semis losses. In true Pike fashion, I'm making the most out of every win and the least out of every loss.

----

Had my first winterleague game since, well... the very first game. This is the only one before the playoffs and we're playing against Trey's team sans Trey (who we left in Hawai'i for dead after the Bag-O-Wine incident.)

These fields are really small and without a warmup, well... a guy like me throws 3 or 4 out the back of the endzone due to trying to cut through the nonexistant wind. I'm a dumbass. We were up early, let the lead slip away, then we fought back to be up 1 or 2 before they took it to us and won by 4 or something. We faded. Hard. Ah well. We're in the tournament, and I got my one free game to dial in and be a dick before Playoff Dusty comes out (Playoffs? Playoffs?).

I didn't play terribly, I just have to adjust, and I just didn't. I will.

I'm 1-1 on the indoor season. Playoffs ahead. All-night hat tourney This Weekend in NJ.

----

Back to the basics that I couldn't do on the trip (well, no exactly at least) with a set of Tabata Medball Squats (12,11,11,12,11,11,11,11) and various exercises of low reps (20 or a smaller number) spread throughout the day which I will not elaborate upon here.

Exercise on the docket for tomorrow: Sets of lateral lunges with the Medball. That is, I'll start with the medball over my head and then lunge to the right as far as possible and reach the medball down and out just past my right foot w/ minimal core (twist/bend)ing, come back up to start position (medball high over head, feet shoulder-width apart) and then go to the left, doing a mirror of the same thing. These are hard, and I'm not sure what number of set/reps I'll do. Total will be at least 80 on the day though.

----

Finally, I plan to head to NB pickup this weekend at high noon to get my game on. Then get some burritos and a nap and then head to the aforementioned all night hat tourney. Hope to see y'all at both!

I'm sure I've won more than I've lost at NB pickup. I keep manhandling Dono AND DubTeeKayNine...

(164)

1 comment:

Amy said...

does it count as Against My Will if said will has already been broken?

(not talking about your mark, trash)