Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter League with an extra dose of winter

Braved the ridiculous weather to make it to winter league. Played a very solid team game. Were forced into making some higher risk throws due to a lot of poaching making the breakside more vulnerable. That doesn't excuse 1-2 of my scoobers that double helixed. It does however excuse my IO scoober fake. Two favorite plays of the game, abusing a mismatch on TC and connecting on a full field hammer, and throwing an inside out across the field flick perfectly placed to my cutter in the endzone. Also got to lay some lumber into Blo after which he exclaimed while laying on the ground "you are one solid man," prior to taking an injury sub.

Also picked up 2 (I think) more point blocks. I'm definitely focusing a lot more on my arms and hands. It helps that I have the nets to keep big break throws from happening but I think I'm also settling in on the mark better and overall in a bit better shape that I've been recently and the result is I get on the mark and I'm not catching my breath and I can think and react more quickly.

Good game all in all even though we decided to try and go the whole 4th quarter without scoring.

(210)

No comments: