Monday, February 2, 2009

NYF

This was exactly the opposite of Vegas.

No wind, wonderful weather, ample beer, nice fields, unfamiliar teammates, low-cost, better competition and we lost all of our games except the last one. (NYF: 0-4/1-1, Vegas: 3-0, 2-1. I am now 10-10)

Good times, on the whole, as an assortment of Philadelphia-tied players got out in the sun. Including one Dan Sage, Pike alum at large, some jerks from Amp, some Philly Love, some Old Sag, two guys from some kind of flight school (I can't recall the name of the place) and then there's Enoch. And some other-sourced folks I think.

Favorite quotes from the weekend:

1. "Do you know Julie Sussman?"
2. NS: "We're better than this!" d: "No we're not, we're in the loser bracket!"

Great use of a weekend to dial it in with my Philthy Kaimana teammates and to try not to piss Nate Stock off too much with my off-handed mid-point insults and errant bombs.

(165)

No comments: