Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Just catching up a bit.

Tuesday night: Played some more indoor soccer goalie. This game I actually got to warm up vs. just jumping out on the field to play. The result was much better overall play by me which I was pleased with. We ended up tying 4-4 which was disappointing. I did have a couple of really nice saves that I felt very pleased with and they involved exploding horizontally off my bad knee which I didn't even think about until after the save.

Today: Tried out my new Christmas present which is a foam roll. I know Dusty uses this type of thing extensively so he and I will have to talk about some strategies but basically the point is that you use your own body weight to roll out and massage knots and tired muscles. I knew this thing would be good but I didn't think I was going to feel great after using it. A good 20 minute session on my legs and they now feel completely loose and relaxed. This is made more impressive by the fact that I wasn't feeling all that sore and tired when I started. Clearly this means I have tighter/sorer legs than I realize and also that its going to feel incredible after a day of ultimate.

New Years Resolution:
2008 was a pretty rough year for me. Ultimate wise it was due to the havoc wreaked on my life by my knee injury . I'm looking forward to kicking 2009's ass to make up for everything that was difficult for me in 2008. This starts with my resolution being to lose another 15 lbs by May 1st and to be in better shape than I've ever been to start an Ultimate season. It finishes with a return to Nationals. I challenge all of you to meet this resolution with me.

Here's to 2009, and a resurgence for Pike.

1 comment:

gapoole said...

I'll take some of those 15lbs for you. That's how it works, right? Conservation of mass?