Monday, January 12, 2009

The pro's and con's of living near the Finks

The pros are they have a cute new puppy. And host lots of team BBQ's. And are generally fun people. The cons are that they like to do painful workouts like 2.25 mile fartleks (3 mins on 2 off) through the city. This is really both a pro and a con. But we ran a total of 3.4 miles through the city with the middle 2.25 miles being run as a fartlek tonight. Considering the last time I ran a fartlek with Jon in November he completely toasted me (and TC) it felt real good to be keeping within a reasonable distance of him. I'm not going to be able to convince anyone that I'm a runner any time soon but more workouts like this will keep me on my way.

Total workout:
3.4 miles, 2.25 as Fartlek.
8 minutes abs after dinner
assorted push ups
foam rolling

(213)

10 comments:

gapoole said...

Just a heads up, Frenchy and I are doing a Deck of Cards workout tomorrow (today, technically) in case anybody wants to give it a shot and compete for time.

Tim said...

By all means post it.

gapoole said...

burpees, pushups, mahlers, squats. Faces 10, Aces 15. My time: 31:29.

My draw: Ks, Qd, 10s, Ah, 4c, 3h, 3d, 4d, Ad, Kd, 4h, Kc, 7h, 9h, Jd, Jh, As, 10h, 5h, 9d, 8h, 8d, 6d, 7s, 2s, Qh, Qs, 5s, 10c, 9s, 7d, Ac, 4s, 2d, 10d, 6s, 2c, 6d, 7c, Js, 9d, 5d, 3c, 2h, Kh, 6h, Qc, 5c, 8d, 3s, 8s, Jc

Smellis said...

I didn't have a deck of cards in my office (my gym is in the same building, makes lunchtime workouts convenient) so i copied glenns sequence, except i mistyped 6 and 8 mahlers for 6 and 8 squats.
I also forgot to bring my stopwatch, and with a broken cellphone screen, i was stuck with using the treadmill moving by itself at 0.5mph.
My time: 21 min 42 seconds.

Smellis said...

upon further review, it turns out Glenn, not I, mistyped the squats for mahlers.
Given my terrible mahler form, my time should have been another 30 seconds or so.
It also helped just being able to look 2 exercises ahead, which cut out some time.

gapoole said...

If I took the longest that means I win, right? I feel like the kid in kindergarten who's wandered over to the second-grader sandbox

dusty.rhodes said...

Glenn-- I your analogy is out of proportion. I'm thinking more like freshman:GrownMan.

Now everyone knows they can push you around. Even college kids like Kyle might start picking on you.

gapoole said...

That's what they think.

Or what you think.

Or what you say you think they think they know. Yeah.

dusty.rhodes said...

I don't know what the fuck you just said, little kid, but you're special man.

-89 said...

Yo! This motherfucker ain't one of us. He said he'd fuck a sheep!!