Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day - Saturday

I wanted to get up in time for pick up on Saturday however I had the longest week at work that I can remember and my body needed rest so I stayed in bed until about 11am. I felt great when I got up and headed home to see my parents and my little brother who was back in town from college. We headed out to my parents swim club for the afternoon and I decided to see what I could do in the pool. I've got this kind of crazy idea that I want to try to do a sprint triathlon but I also have/had this fear that I'd sink like a rock during the swimming portion. But yesterday proved me wrong.

Workout:
in roughly 25 minutes 30 lengths of a 25 M pool (750M total) which is just about the length of the sprint distance.

The result was a completely exhausted upper body. Swimming is really, really hard. But I don't think I'll sink if I end up trying to do this triathlon.

No comments: