Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pike Pick up - Brumfris style

We headed out to New Brunswick this weekend for the northern NJ version of our pre-season pick up. A handful of Philly area folks, plus a few other returners combined with a small army of Rutgers guys, the re-emergence of Jake the Jake from hibernation, and a smattering of other NJ area people came out. We had 19 and warmed up a bit with a scrimmage, played a game to 7, a game to 9, and a game to 5. My teams went 3-0. The downside of New Brunswick pick up is we're forced into a fairly small field because of the area we play in. On the plus side the fields are very soft made even more so by the torrential rain we've had for a week.

Similar to last week the intensity and focus were lacking at times. I expect this to continue to ramp up as we all continue to play together and as the tryout process moves forward. I was very happy with my own throws but felt a little out of place in the overall flow of things due to the year off I effectively had last year.

After our 3 games CJ, NickO, Aman, Dan, Dono, Dusty, and myself stuck around and played boot. And then we all went and got burritos.

Good day of ultimate

(211)

No comments: