Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fink tag team

Today was going to be an off-day as a result of having a crazy work project (ask me about how much I like rich people with money to waste) and I was going to have to work through lunch.  That and my arms were still killing me from yesterday.  But then around 5:30 Tina Fink got in touch with me suggesting we go workout.  I was easily convinced but needed to go late which meant working out in the cold.  After selling her on running in the cold we agreed to meet around 7:30.

The following workout ensued:

20 minute run at an 8 minute mile pace

20 Body weight squats
45 sec rest
10 lunges each leg
45 sec rest
10 step-ups each leg
45 sec rest
10 squat jumps
2 minute rest

Repeat for 3 sets

Then we went and got BoyFink and came back to the park

7 minute abs
25 minutes of throwing

I spent my throwing focusing on my step out flick and my step out back hand doing my best to get as much reach as possible.  I also focused on hitting Jon in his primary SOC (Sphere of catchability) right between his head and his knees.  I always try to focus on something when I'm throwing.  Usually I focus on hitting my throwing partner directly in the chest so that they aren't even having to move when we throw together.  This limits the amount of spectacular catches that my teammates have to make in a game, but ideally it limits the turnovers forced by making poor throws as well.

Then the Fink Tag Team made me dinner.

Ended up being a pretty awesome workout considering I was planning on going home from work and collapsing on the couch.  My abs are beginning to request an off day though.  We'll see how they feel tomorrow.

Current Weight:
218

No comments: