Thursday, November 13, 2008

You can throw things that aren't a Disc?

Tuesday night was my first company Flag Football game. I typically have always avoided all of my company's sport outings (Softball, flag football, etc.) because they are way too "inclusive" and are more about having fun and drinking beer vs. winning. I'm also usually playing Summer League or Fall League and therefore cherish my days off. However coming off the knee injury I decided to skip Fall League and as a result I was free to play Flag Football.

I was excited about the team, mostly because on paper it looked like regardless of what other companies we played we would be way more athletic than the other teams and in a worst case scenario we were looking at being completely unable to score on Offense and winning games 7-0 with a Pick-6 or two. Our roster looks like this: 3 Former Drexel Club Lax players, The Captain of the Philadelphia Wings professional Indoor Lax team, a former Albright College football player, a former Drexel Sprint football player, me, and two girls.

We rolled up to our game about 15 minutes before game time and our opponents were already out warming up and having a practice where they were running plays. They also had an offensive team and a defensive team. It was mildly ridiculous. After the first half it was 33-7 and we'd recorded 3 INT's and scored every time we had the ball.

We ended up only winning something like 39-26 which was basically the result of us spending the whole second half trying to run hook and ladder's. But it was a lot of fun overall and more than anything was a good test of my knee's ability to recover quickly from a weekend of playing.

Next game's in two weeks. The more I do things like this the more I wish I could get in shape simply by playing sports 4-5 days a week. But sadly that doesn't exist and I'm going to have to start hitting the gym.

Total Workout:
45 minutes of flag football

Current Weight:
220lbs

No comments: