Monday, November 17, 2008

Throwing + Running + Throwing = ?

Not sure yet what the etiquette with back-posting will be here but I'm doing it anyways...

Last Wednesday, Ellis and I met up at Palumbo for about 30 minutes of throwing followed by a pretty fast paced 25 minute run.  Here's the deal:


  • Fast pace from Palumbo to river (~7:15 miles I'd guess)
  • On the way back, stride each east-west block (rest as you cross numbered streets)
  • Finish off with last block at "full" sprint (i.e. whatever you have left)

Overall a pace just under 7 min/mile (Ellis was smoking me on the strides back westward).  We finished up with another 30 minutes of throwing.  Felt good.

(Am I really supposed to update my weight here?)

3 comments:

Tim said...

No Jon, I'm tracking my weight cause I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. Dusty's just being facetious by posting his.

dusty.rhodes said...

Jon, now that you've set the back-post etiquette precedent, how do you feel?

Any complaints lodged with regard to backposts should be addressed to Fink.

also:

"(Am I really supposed to update my weight here?)"

This tells me the following:

1. At some point JonFink will release Finkweight 2.0.
2. Finkbot's sarcasmeter is busted.

(169lbs)

3. Distance runs are for Suckers.
4. Distance runs are also ideal for those who Fear Human Contact. Take Robots, por ejemplo.

(170lbs)

5. I'm tracking my weight because Tim's trying to lose 20lbs.

Tim said...

Dusty,
I miss your sarcasm, lets start planning '09 so I can have more of it daily in my inbox. And FYI I did have to use spell check to spell facetious correctly.

Don't worry, I'll edit my lunch workout post to add my weight once I get home and check it.